- “But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.” -Jesus Christ. Any outward physical activity in worship and prayer you see people do in all religions isn’t itself prayer or worship. As Jesus reminds us above, the real worship happens by the Spirit and in Spirit. It happens through the mind and heart. The real thing is invisible. Use the physical forms of prayer, but remember than they are just to help you to focus to go deep and really pray and worship inside. It is in meditation that the Infinite can be reached and worshipped.
- God has no religion. God prefers no religion. Yogananda says God only wants your love. That’s the only thing He doesn’t have.
- Don’t listen to “religions.” Don’t listen to establishments and “believers.” Go seek and listen to masters and saints associated with whatever religion. They are the “real custodians of the true teachings of the original messengers of various religions.”
- The definition of most religions has been gradually diluted into “Be good. Don’t steal. Raise a family. Earn a living. Goto church. Say your daily prayers. And you’ll surely be with God in heavens after you die.” How sad this delusion! This world was made for you to learn to be with God (who is your Self). Right here. Right now! Meditate and believe and feel the God within you. It’s warmer and sweeter than anything you ever imagine! That is the one and only religion…
- The most powerful thing one can do is surrender. And that is the true meaning of the Arabic word “Islam.”